Monday, March 2, 2009

challenge SIMPLIFY!!

Jake and I are always talking about simplifying our home.  So tonight we both got rid of five things we don't need and we going to keep doing that every night until we are more simple.  We just have too much stuff.  I am so excited.  For example tonight I got rid of three scarves, a bra, and a purse.  Every night we will just look through our stuff and get rid of five things.  Let me know if any of you want to join us and we will keep each other updated.  I love getting rid of stuff!!!!!  It makes me so happy.  Before we started this we got rid of a lot of clothes but we still have so much to get rid of.  SIMPLIFY!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Evan and I are always talking about this too! We have gotten rid of some stuff in the past and continue to look for ways to simplify. It is so refreshing!!! So good to know that others are thinking along the same lines!

Love,
Nicole

Verna said...

Downsizing, sometimes it is not easy. Now that I am getting older and I hate to dust I have eliminated the china cupboard, curio cabinet and the fish tank. Also sold the couch and love seat. My husband says it looks like someone came and reposses our furniture, but I have not rearranged things the way I want since we are to get new carpeting downstairs in the next two months. So everytime I go upstairs I try and carry something else up so I have less to move upstairs the last day before they do the carpeting. I find it amazing how our priorities change as we get older. Downsizing and simplifing. I admire you for doing it before your old age.
Go for it.

jablott said...

Good idea....i need to do some major simplifying in my closet and kitchen cupboards. i seriously have stuff in my kitchen that haven't ever used that we got for wedding gifts nearly 7 years ago! my main problem is getting motivated to do it and choosing to use my 1 hour of kid-less time during the day to do it ;)...love ya.

Heather said...

I am definitely a purger, too. My parents warn us with certain things, "DO NOT sell this at a yard sale!" Glad to see your blog!