Friday, January 16, 2009

Song

Years ago I wrote a song about adoption.  I cannot sing it without crying.  I just thought I would share the words.

Lead the Way

intro.
lead the way, lead the way, lead the way (repeat)
verse1
I love her yet I do not even know her
I see her face with blind eyes
She's so far away and alone now
Lord, help her feel this mothers love
Chorus
Wrap Your loving arms around this precious child
We will pray, please hear our cry for this child
We will wait, for the day we hold her in our arms
Verse 2
She's not from my womb yet she is my child
My heart aches for her touch
The name that she is give it means Rescue
Lord give her the strength to hold on
Chorus
Wrap your loving arms around this precious child
We will pray, please hear our cry for this child
We will wait, for the day we hold her in our arms

lead the way, lead the way, lead the way(repeat)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful Jen...beautiful..

It's amazing how God places a desire in our hearts and brings it to fruition...

So great..

Holden and Rachel Barry said...

I love the song Jen. I am so excited for you guys. What a miracle the Lord has done. Praise His name for the three gifts He has given you guys.

Lindsey said...

jen, so great. i have tears in my eyes just thinking of the first meeting of your new children and you and jake. you are already such great parents from afar; i can't wait to see them in your arms.

the song is amazing. be blessed.

Prayers for Ava said...

Hi-
I came across your blog randomly but wanted to at least tell you while I was here that I really enjoyed reading it. You seem to have a similar view of our Lord & Savior as I do, that He's it. Every thing and every reason. It's nice to stumble across a beautiful person and a random blog that give God His due glory!
It's nice to e-meet you! Check out my blog sometime.
April