Thursday, September 3, 2009

The fight for joy

Well it has been a while.  There have many delays with this adoption, too many to count at this point.  Each day I literally have to wrestle my flesh to the ground so I can live with joy and live in the Spirit.  I have never in my life had to fight so hard.  The Word is for sure my sword, without it I have already lost this battle.  God has been so gracious and I can see how He is pushing me so lovingly.  Pushing me like a coach that really cares and He cares enough to push me beyond what I ever thought I could do.  I see Him standing on the side of the track and when I run by He is clapping His hands and yelling go girl go, go faster, go harder, don't give in to your flesh that wants to stop and give up.  Every lap, it hurts and it involves some suffering but I am building endurance and I feel like I am running a little faster at times.  Some times I slow to a walk but then I get some encouragement and I am back to running.  Literally I run and when I run I often pray for the children and cry out to God, I worship Him and lay it all at His feet.  Running has been very healing for me through this whole process.  Okay so I am done with running analogy.  NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!
Our case has been reassigned to October, so we will continue to wait and pray.  Cara, Emily, and Paula, thank you for your words of encouragement.  Although I have never met you I feel like I am not alone.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Cara, what did you think of the running bit??

5 comments:

Heather said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the running analogy... I found it quite helpful, in fact!

Kathy said...

Praying and joining you in the fight for joy my friend...

Paula said...

Still praying for you every day! I am anxious for those kids to be with their forever family. My husband is a runner... not me. Too hard. :) But I think he would like your analogy!

Emily said...

I'm so thankful for your support and encouragement too Jen! It helps so much to know others on the same journey.

Cara Meyer said...

I LIKE!! Great post girl. I too am so thankful for others in the Nightlight Family!! We keep praying and pressing forward because the Lord is our strength.