Friday, October 9, 2009

Friendship part one

I love friendship, I love being with people!!! Before I graduated high school I went to four different schools. After high school I have moved nine times. With that being said, I love to make new friends. I have friends all over the USA and I love that. BUT I so often wish I just lived in one place and that I had friends so close that they knew everything about me and I knew everything about them and yet we still would love each other. With all this moving I not only get to meet new friends but I have to constantly leave friends. I often feel forgotten by friends. It is hard to keep up a good friendship at a distance, you have to really work at it. When you move to a place where you do not know anyone it is humbling. Humbling how much people don't care about you and humbling how quickly people forget about you. This is not a pitty party, it is just how it goes. Through all of this I have been on a journey to truly learn what it means to walk so closely with JEsus that I never feel alone. I will tell you that the only way to learn this is to be alone a lot. I am getting glimpses of it in my life, glimpses of such sweet fellowship with Jesus that I do not feel lonely. IT is so precious and such a gift. I will probably be writing a few posts on friendship, I have been thinking about it a lot.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I love you FRIEND!!!!

Paula said...

Hey Jen, the first 13 years of my marriage, my husband and I moved eight times. A couple were local, but we've lived in six different states. My kids were all born in different states. I know how hard all that moving around is... we are NOT moving anymore! I so understand about the difficulty of keeping long distance friendships too. Some of my friends I have don't hear from much I really miss. Consider me a long distance friend... and come visit me when you're in Nebraska.