Thursday, November 20, 2008

Toddlers and cleaning!!!

This morning I am cleaning away in the kitchen and working so hard.  At the same time, Ezra is pouring dog food in the dryer on clean clothes and Marya is tracking in red Alabama mud on the clean floor.  I often ask myself what is the point to cleaning.  As you clean one thing they mess up another.  I know we must teach our kids to clean up also and Marya loves to work hard so that is fun but the teaching takes a lot of time and spanks.  Cleaning a home with children is an endless job.  Only by God's grace can we do it with a smile on our face.  Although I find it healthy to go outside and scream every once in a while!!!

Cleaning house with kids at home is like shoveling snow in a blizzard!

3 comments:

Verna said...

Loved the saying about cleaning house with kids is like shoveling in a blizard.

My co-worker said:
"Or like raking leaves on a very windy day." She has 3 boys and I know how hard it is to keep things clean.

Kathy said...

Ohhh sista friend...I feel your pain.

I always hope for an "E" for effort though...

Hug those babes for us...

Nicole said...

Hey Jen! Happy Thanksgiving! Do you care if I put your blog and your workout blog on my fav blog list? Both of your blogs really encourage me and I love to read them. I didn't know if you wanted to keep them both on the down low as far as who reads them or if it mattered to you.

Love,
Nicole