Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fake trees busted

If you trim an artificial tree, here are three myth busters from the National Christmas tree Association. I hope you make the switch.
MYTH#1 Real Christmas trees are cut down from forests.
BUSTED: Only a tiny percentage of trees come from forests. Most come from a farm where growers plant one to three seedlings for each tree harvested.
MYTH#2 You save a tree by using an artificial tree.
BUSTED: Trees are a crop. They're planted by farmers to be used specifically as Christmas trees. ARtificial trees come in a cardboard box. Does that save a tree?
MYTH#3 It's better to use an artificial tree because you can reuse it each year.
BUSTED: Research shows that most of artificial trees are only used six to nine years before they end up in a landfill. Real trees are biodegradable and recyclable. They can be used for mulch and erosion control.


2 comments:

Amanda Thom said...

BOOYAH JEN, you told us! :) I wish I could fit a real tree in my apartment.

Kylie said...

Well, YOU try convincing Nathan...because I know I won't get it accomplished. I LOVE real trees!