I can only come up with one answer. I am not meant for this world. This is not my home. My heart aches to live out the passions of the bible. To let go of this world and all it has to grab on to greater things. To rejoice in suffering and see beyond my own selfish thoughts. You better count the cost, this road is full of loss (wow I better write a song).
How can I learn to depend on God when every need of mine is met. I want to know the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Noah, Joseph, Moses. The God of Ruth, Ester and Mary. He is the same God today as He was then. Why do I not experience HIm that way. I get glimpses of Him when I pray and sing at the piano. I feel satisfied when I am in the word, but I want more of Him!!
It is a real war. My flesh desires the comfort of this world, yet my soul cries out to leave it all behind for the sake of the greatest treasure. I fear one day sitting on my front porch, old in age, and realizing that I never really lived at all. There is only one way to live as a Christian, fully for Christ. When I was adopted into Christ's family I get the privilege of calling God father. Out of love for my father I will obey Him. Not out of duty, but great love. I am confident that His word will light my path.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing, Jen. I have been thinking along the same lines lately....we are not off this world as the Bible tells us. This world will never satisfy our deepest longings despite how Satan tries to deceive us. Amen that all of our needs are met and praise His name, now we can focus on helping/serving others that don't quite have the blessings that we do whether they are family blessings, financial etc.
Much love,
Nicole
Post a Comment