But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so the He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son in to our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"
When I was very young one of my mom's good friends adopted a little boy. For the first time I was learning about what it meant to adopt. God put a desire in me to be a mother to orphans at a young age and it never left. When Jake and I first got into a relationship one of the first things I asked him was, do you feel called to adopt? He was not sure but he would pray about it. He soon said he would love to do that and then I knew our relationship could continue. A day does not go by that I don't dream about, think about, or pray about this calling. When my children run to me and say mama or mommy I dream of an orphaned child running into my arms calling me mommy and I wrap them in my arms and do my best to show and teach them Christ. There are times when I am running and it is hard and I want to stop and walk but I push through and as I continue to run I feel God saying, this road to adotion will not be easy and then I say, God I will not give up, and He says, it will not be comfortable, and I say I will not give up and then He says to follow me will not be easy and I say I will not give up!!! As we have this conversation while I run I often start to cry and then run harder until I have finished. IT is a great symbolism of so many things, our walk with Christ or motherhood. We can not give up!!! There are many desires in my life that have come and go through the years but this desire has come to stay. I don't know the road ahead but I do know I want God to lead the way because HE does know. I do believe that God has put this desire of adoption in me but above this desire, I simply desire Christ!!!
4 comments:
We are so excited for you guys!!!
What an amazing picture of God's love for His adopted children!
We are in prayer for you all as you continue on this amazing journey.
Psalm 28:7
Hug those kids for me!
Isn't is so amazing how love, through Christ, can grow? Like, when you have your first child and you are expecting another and you think, "how can I love this child as much as my first??" and then the love spills over and grows. It is not the same love split in half for the next child, it is a growing love.. How awesome to spread that love Christ gives to share to orphans!! We will continue to lift your family up in prayer Jen!! I know your family will be such a welcoming, loving, Christ centered home for those precious babes waiting for a family.
1 Jn 4:7-21
James 1:27
Hey Jen! I got your web page from Abby's blog. Your kids are adorable. I have never had a chance to see Ezra in person. He is adorable. I am excited for your adoption. I too have a heart for orphans and we will hopefully be adopting someday.
So, what about Emily and Brian?!?!! I am so excited and thrilled for them.
I hope your family is enjoying being in Alabama. Maybe we will get to see you more as it gets closer to the wedding.
Love and Hugs,
Nicole
I love you all for leaving comments. I love knowing you visited and took the time to read. Thank you
Post a Comment