Working out has always been a priority of mine. I now want to run with a purpose beyond just doing it to do it. I want to run for Christ. I want to run for my husband and my children. I want to run for our children in Africa. As I run I want to meditate on the truths of God, listen to worship music and be so thankful for the ability to run. i desire to put my flesh into submission like never before.
1Timothy 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
I love that scripture. There is value in physical training but it does not compare to godliness. I have always loved to work out and push myself. As a teenager it was all to beat my body and make it look the way I wanted. After God saved me it turned more to the purpose of health after I had my babies it was to help lose the weight. Now I want to run to glorify Christ in my body. As a mom, sometimes the last thing I want to do is work out but I know it makes me a better mom and wife. I will be writing about my experiences with all of this and if there is anyone that wants to join me I would love it!! I ran this morning and I made it up the big hill at the end so Jake took a picture of me, first happy i made it and then dead at the end. As I ran up the hill, it hurt and I wanted to quit but I made my flesh do something it didn't want to do. I am making my body my slave, so I am not enslaved to my body and want it wants. Examples: laziness, stopping when it gets hard, eating all I want, you get my point. Join me in the challenge!!! My main commitment is that I am no going to go out and run until I have had some time in the Word so I have something to meditate on. I will never let working out come before the most important thing, growing in godliness.
Ten reasons I run:
1. health
2. to look good for my husband!!
3. to get rid of some of my crazy aggression that causes me to pick fights
4. because I love it
5. to exercise our dogs
6. to clear my mind and sweat out the toxins (get some good BO)
7. to put my flesh into submission (when you don't want to run do it anyway!!)
8. Romans 12:1-2
9. to spend time in prayer for my family
10. to Glorify Christ in my worldly body that I might not be enslaved to laziness
2 comments:
Wow! I just stumbeled across your blog at a perfect time. It must be the Lords time. I had my first baby in January and have been trying to get back into working out ever since. I was inspired by your words today and I feel refreshed. I hope I can look at it from a spiritual perspective as well as you do! What a great vision. Thanks for your encouragment.
Audrey
I'm there with you girl!
I am s-l-o-w-l-y getting back into running and I'm really checking my motives!
"I will never let working out come before the most important thing, growing in godliness" So true!!!
It's been great to get up before the fam and head out...ahh when it happens:)
I'll join you in the challenge!
"get some good BO" Love it
Much love girl!
Post a Comment