Today Jake and I traveled to Birmingham to get fingerprinted for the immigration for the adoption. This is the last thing we are waiting on for our dossier to be ready to send to Ethiopia. We waited for a long time to get this done so we are pumped. This morning I was up at five and so excited to get this step done but I was also in prayer for this process and these children. We are one step closer to bringing home our children!!!! This is the part of the process that is a lot of waiting. At first you are bombarded with paperwork and then you have to wait, wait, and wait. God has been so faithful to teach us about Himself every step of the way. HE is our guide into the unknown.
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path
I have moments of fear and I say to myself, what are we doing? Then I go to the word of God and God gives light to our path and the fears fade away. AS we go through this the doctrine of being adopted by God becomes more and more clear.
Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will
PLEASE PRAY FOR US
2 comments:
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to FEAR, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:15-17
What good news!!!! He hasn't given us a spirit of fear, but of sonship! Praying for peace as you trust Him every step of the way, for we have no guarantees in this life, only in the next...love, jess
In prayer my friend...always..
Post a Comment