Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sweat it

So I have been picking up the work out since I wrote the blog on running.  The best thing about it is I have been reading the word before I hit the road or go the the gym and that is the best.  I used to work out first and then read the word and it was always cut short.  Now if something is cut short it is my work out.  I feel as though God is finally giving me a healthy view on working out and eating.  I don't want to fall into the sin of gluttony and laziness or the sin of vanity.  The greatest thing is when I am in the word and my eyes are on Him, my eyes are off of myself and it rocks.  I am able to serve the Lord with more passion, I am a better wife, better mother and better friend.  Falling into being self-focused is far too easy. Reading the word first thing puts my mind  in the right place while I sweat it.  Today I was doing an aerobics class and I started to laugh thinking of when Jess Ablott and I used to do classes together and basically laugh the whole time, it was great.   I have been sore for about two weeks and it has been so awesome.  I plan to run the trail tomorrow morning, may God help me up those hills. 
Psalm 33:20-22
  Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart rejoices in Him,
Because we trust in His Holy name.
Let Your lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us,
According as we have hoped in You.

3 comments:

jablott said...

hey....maybe you were laughing at me the whole class, but i was working out :) !!!! hahhhah..... i gave up working out for this year, but next year, I have to start again, maybe. parker's favorite game is tag right now so that is all the workout I can handle. love, jess

Vontz's said...

Good for you Jen...I wish I could get J into class!! You must of burned her on that. ha:) I have just started reading your blog and praying for you in all your amazing journeys...miss you here. Take care and God bless. Oh and you are so right about being in the word and the focus is so not on you and it feels awesome.

Jen Stutzman said...

Jess in fact you were laughing at me and Christy I miss taking your class. miss you girls
love you
Jen