I hope you all had a great weekend.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Humility
Today in small group we were studying John chapter three. We spent a lot of time talking of John the Baptist and his humility. Our leader Phil Baggett said a phrase that I have really been thinking about. HE said humility is not thinking less of yourself it is forgetting yourself. I loved that and was so convicted. Although we may sit around and think of how little we are or be self-focused and get depressed, that is not humility. We must forget ourselves and look to Christ. We can spend so much time thinking about how insignificant we are, that we forget Christ. I know God has shown me that there is nothing I have that I have not received, and that I cannot take a breath without Him, but my focus is still too often on myself. I love the idea of forgetting myself, I love it!!!!!! I know I will forget myself when I see Christ for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great word Jen!
Oh how I need to forget about myself!!!
So much love!
Yeah, I have to admit I am pretty excited to live next to Emily. I'm also excited for when you and Jake visit Emily and Brian. We will get to see you then too! Fun times!
In regards to humility. That has been my prayer lately. I love Chris Sligh's song that says, "Empty me of the selfishness inside, every vain ambition and the poison of my pride, and any foolishness thing my heart holds to, Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you." That is so my prayer these days. Okay, this is getting too long. Later!
Love,
Nicole
Post a Comment