WE had a lovely morning today. WE had another rough night with Abreham, Anthony came to our room and prayed scripture with us. AFter his coughing spell he went back to sleep for the night and I got five hours of sleep and felt like I could run a marathon. Abreham got up early and wanted to lay with Jake and I and touch our faces and hug us. It was a very sweet moment but once we were all up the struggle began. God has been faithful.
WE had our visa appointment today and it all went great we finalized everything. Adanech and Petros were great and ABreham started to through a fit but we got through it. Adanech told one of the ladies how bad ABreham has been and Abreham was embaressed. Yoseph translated today for us as we talked to the children about our love and commitment to them and that included discipline. IT was a great talke with tears and many hugs with Adanech. She said she is happy to come with us. ABreham was very pouty when we talked about obedience but he eventually wanted to hug and kiss us.
Petros is sooooo funny!!!!!!!!!! We laugh at him all day. HE can barely walk with the backpack we got him but he wants to wear it all the time. He has started to call me MommyA which means my mommy. IT is really sweet. He split his head open at the Embassy today but he is one brave little boy. It is interesting to be in a country with sick children and children that get hurt but no where to go for help. Wait that is so wrong, we got to Christ!!! Adanech and ABreham went to the a doctor today and their lungs are clear. I think a lot of ABreham is experiencing is spiritual. We will continue to fight with the word of God.
AT the visa appointment they asked us, do you understand when you sign this there is not turning back and no returning the children ever. For a moment I wanted to run for my life of comfort but God held me steady and as I was signing Petros leaned in and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. I sure needed that at that moment and then he proceded to kiss me many times after that and rub his snaut all over me.
I will probably not be able to write tomorrow. We hope to fly out at 10:55 tommorrow night. PLease pray that we leave on time. IT is an 18 hour flight. The children travel well and sit well. THey have been taught that at the orphanage. WE need many prayers tomorrow.
ONce again thank you for the encouraging words, it has gotten me through very difficult times. I cannot wait to see you all and for you to meet our children. WE have seen miracles this week.
love love
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment