We arrived in Ethiopia MOnday morning very very tired. WE went to get the kids that afternoon. IT was a beautiful union for us. The kids recognized me right away and started calling me mommy. They were very happy to see Jake and they are very attached to him already. Of course I cried and have not stopped crying.Adanech and ABreham gave me hugs right away and let me hold them, Petros just wanted Papa for a while but he warmed up. My fear overwhelms me but I fight it with scripture through out the day and night. I have gotten very little sleep. all the kids have bad coughs and ABreham has coughed so hard that it has made him vomit twice, but i sure have experience with that. They are not used to anyone helping them with anything.
Today has been a very emotional day. ADanech has been sad for her birth mom but God answered my prayer. She let me hold her and we cried together adn I continue to cry for her. I told her how much I love her and she seemed to understand that I cry with her and for her, she hugged me tight. ABreham is very loving and loves to just look at you and touch your face, very very sweet. Today though he was demanding from Jake and Yoseph told Abreham that he needed to say please and that started a two hour screaming fit with no break and some vomit in between. WE won the battle he said please and hugged and hugged a lot. Petros is a ham and says mommy and papa all the time. HE is also fit thrower but we expected all this. They are used to getting their way so they don't cry or through fits. Abreham said, I will say please from now on. They talk about Marya and EZra all the time. I cannot wait for us all to be united as a family. ANthony and Hannah have been more then helpful. Also the ladies at the guest house have encouraged Jake and I to stick it out. THey said let him cry all day but do not give him what he wants. Pray for our strength. Jake has been my pillar of strength. I hold his hand constantly and encourages me every step of the way. Liz, your prayers are being answered.
I am very very tired and very emotional. I miss EZra and Marya so badly I cannot sleep. God has been faithful!! I continue to cry out to him as I lay awake battling my sin of distrust. Jake is at the doctor with all three children right now. tHey have to have one last check before travel. WE have three more nights here. THey are talking of letting the birth mom say one last good by. May God's will be done. I am very very weak but God is continuing to show me how desperatley I need him.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I love you all.
A very desperate servant of Christ
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment