Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We made it home

We made it home!!! The trip was just over 30 hours and beyond difficult. The flying was the easy part, it was all the lines we had to stand in for immigration and security which we had to do many times. It was wonderful to be around other adoptive families so we could encourage each other. I really thought about falling on the ground and screaming at one point. Adanech helped so much, carrying stuff and staying right by us. Adanech and Petros traveled so well and the Lord gave us strength to work with Abreham. We are still going on very little sleep. When we got home the kids were out and would not wake up and got up at 2 am ready to go last night. We got them to lay back down . I am hoping that tonight we will get a goods night sleep. Marya has been amazing with the children. She ran to them hugged them. She is always taking Adanech by the hand and showing her things. They took baths together this morning and it was pretty cute. IT is hard for me to fully be here when I am so tired. My body shakes because I am so tired and my emotions are all over the place. IT goes like this, fear, fear, can't do this, yes God called me to this, fear, anxiety, trust, trust, fear, and some more fear. Those are kind of my thoughts. some funny things. Ezra said, that boy has dark hands. We use charades a lot with the new children so Marya has started to use it a lot and it is so funny.
Please pray for Adanech. Before we left for the airport she cried so hard it made her vomit. She wanted to see her birth mom. The women at the guest house encouraged Jake and I some more and talked with Adanech. There was not a dry eye around. I have never cried so many tears in my life. Once again Jake just jumped right in and held me and Adanech as we both cried our eyes out. Abreham could not wait to go with us and to fly but he sure does not want the limits we are giving him. Marya was great training for this!! I have said many times that her toddler time was training for something else. Petros is doing great. He of course is like any toddler and needs a lot of help but he is happy and loving all the time. The transition will be easiest on him. I am sooooooo thankful for the prayers. I have never faced something so difficult in my life emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally. It has been the biggest battle of my life and it is just getting started. I just have to say again how wonderful Marya has been. she is giving them everything she has and tells them how much she loves them all the time. In the night when Adanech was up she asked for Marya, it was really sweet. I think I will try to let them sleep together tonight.
Please pray for peace. Right now it is like having three strangers in your house that do not trust you or respect your limits. Pray for an attachment to come fast for all of us. I have never been so uncomfortable in my life. The task ahead of us is very overwhelming. We have to constantly remind ourselves and each other that we were called to do this.
love
Jen

No comments: