Wednesday, March 3, 2010

day three in Ethiopia

irst of all thank you so much for the encouraging words. They have helped more then you will ever know.
Please pray for Abreham he is still coughing so hard he gets sick. Last night we were up a lot with him, which means very little sleep for us still. We also had to battle another horrible fit with him today. Jake held him for an hour while he screamed at the top of his lungs and I cried and prayed. When it was over he wanted Jake and tears were just rolling down his face. Abreham is very strong willed and once again very loving. THe women here just keep encouraging us, it is very sweet. They see me cry a lot and try to encourage me to hang in there and that it will get better. The days and nights go very very slowly. I am praying for sleep tonight but preparing for a bad night with Abreham again. I called Dr. Berry in the middle of the night here and he gave me some suggestions we will try tonight. What a blessing to have a doctor as a friend!!!
So today while Abreham was throwing a fit there was nothing cute about it. HE was pushing,screaming had horrible breath and God reminded me as I was sitting and crying and wondering how i will ever do this and how will we get through this. He so kindly reminded me that this is what I look like to HIm without the blood of Christ and that i am called to love Abreham at this very moment. I am trying to keep the gospel at the forefront of my mind so I remember why we are here. Also that this is not about me, it is about the chidren and it is very hard for them. I must take my eyes off my discomfort and look towards Christ at every moment and then think of the children.
Adanech is so sweet and motherly. She cleans all the time and picks up after me. She does not like it when I cry, she is compassionate. She is also very good at helping us translate with the boys. She is a HUGE help!!
Petros is very very funny and very ready for discipline. He is very social and very strong willed also. I am planning on the next 4-6 months being very difficult for me but not difficult for Christ. I am excited to get some sleep and get my feet under me. It has been hard for me to eat but I always feel better when I do.
Anthony and Hannah have been the biggest help. They have supported us and I don't how we would of done this without them. They love on the children. God knew that we would need them here with us. Adanech is sitting by me right now just smiling at me and chewing her gum. She likes seeing me write her name.
Jake has been amazing. I wish you could all see him handle each trial with patience and great love. As he holds Abreham whether throwing a fit or coughing or vomitting, he just keeps telling him he loves him and that he is safe with him. Very very beautiful. I love, love seeing this.
WE have two more days here and two more nights. I am very excited to get home. PLease continue to pray for our travels.
love love
Jen

No comments: