Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Three weeks

Tomorrow we will have had our new children for three weeks. My days are filled with hearing more mommys then I know what to do with, many hugs, many kisses, many prayers, many fears, many moments of discipline. I have never been more tired in my life. I find myself counting down the hours to bedtime, and wondering how many years until I will have a moment to myself. Then I also have moments of more joy then I know what to do with, like when I see Addie giving Marya a piggy back ride and they are both laughing or Ezra and Petros giving each other kisses on the cheek and hugs or hearing Abreham tell Jake he loves him just out of the blue. It is a battle each day between my flesh that is so tired and the Spirit that lives within me that is overjoyed to be a mommy of five. I say when you get married you start to see how selfish you are and then when you have a child and then two and then when you jump to five you learn really about sacrifice and love. Jake and I struggling through what to do next. We have not sold our house in Alabama yet so we are still working on that. We are asking God to give us a clear call and that we would be obedient no matter the cost.
Today was our first time to all be at church together. Addie and Abreham were scared but we got through it and Petros gave everyone a kiss that he could. so thankful for the church family here!!!!!

Adanech-she has been rebelling against the English language and then all of a sudden today she was putting words together with a big smile. she is having the hardest time with the transition. Yesterday I was putting lotion on her legs after a bath and I was looking at her and telling her how much I loved her and how brave and strong she is and she just stared at me with big tears in her eyes. She has not let me in completely yet but I am praying for a day where she will trust me. I will continue to pursue her wounded heart and to love her even when she chooses to ignore me.
Marya-still is doing wonderful. She picks up more Amharic every day and loves to play with all of them. She learns from Adanech and loves to run and play with Abreham and loves to kiss on Petros and make him laugh. Her and Ezra remain very close. We caught Marya praying on her knees in her room by herself asking God to save her and change her heart and that she wanted HIm to always be with her. She still continues to get the most spanks but I love her passion.
Abreham-he is doing awesome!!!!! He still pouts and throughs fits but he is a different boy. With discipline and love he has come so far. Now we have not arrived but I am so thankful for the progress. His smile sure lights up a room. He could seriously ride a bike all day long. He does great in the cold. He use to be afraid of our dog Kota but he is getting pretty friendly with him. His cough also seems to be improving little by little. Praise the Lord!!
Ezra-my sweet little boy who seems a little lost in all this. He is doing so well with everyone but every once in a while he wants some alone snuggle time with mama and I will take it. He still says, mom, my just love you. Each day the three boys interact more together and laugh and fight just like brothers do, I love it. In fact Ezra had a bloody noise tonight a fat lip and bruised forehead. I nee to be ready to go to the ER at anytime.
Petros-we call him little Bill Cosby, he is too funny. He loves everyone, gives kisses and makes funny faces. He is responding very well to discipline and he gives lots and lots of love. He is growing and getting stronger and can hold the head up better every day. He usually always has a smile on his face and is such a joy. He brings many laughs in the midst of craziness. Sometimes I sit and am so overwhelmed and I want to cry and then here comes little Bill to make me laugh.

Jake and I are very tired, but God is faithful and we will continue this journey one day at a time. Jake is still the best dad ever and the kids adore him. Adanech often wants Jake to hold her like a little girl and it is so sweet. He is amazing. by God's grace we get through each day.

love love
Jen

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this post.It is truly such a mix of joy and struggle...elation and fatigue. We are there and we only adopted one little one...I can't imagine how it is magnified for you. God is so good and I am learning much about my own selfishness too! Thanks for your honesty.

rawrunninggirl said...

Hello...testing

rawrunninggirl said...

Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm new at this. Please ignore the previous message.
I would first like to say that you have five beautiful children!! We are in the process of adopting a six year old little girl from Ehiopia. Our second court date is tomorrow. I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on how to teach her English.
Thank you so much!!
Anne